Monday 9 February 2009

Welcome to Mandarine d' Italie

Hope you will enjoy MANDARINE D'ITALIE for days to come...!!! I am just starting to get used to the idea of sharing some of my and others thoughts, ideas, photos, decor tips; and many other inspirational lifestyle finds.
I suppose the idea of beginning blogging has been spinning around my head for a while but I never thought that the day will have never come!!!


{UN PENSIERO ...} ' Le ore si susseguono ma non si rassomigliano'.
{A THOUGHT......} ' Times follow one another but they don't look alike'.
{TIME }: Time seems to be flying..... the last time I was in Italy I took this picture at my family home. These two timeless pieces belongs to my grandparents and were 'rescued' during an excursion(!!!) to my grandparents attic. I am always been fascinated by the amount of discoveries I made throughout the years - as a child I will spend entire Sundays afternoon in the attic looking through this fascinating objects full of history.

{ANTIQUES}: The "SVEGLIA ANNI QUARANTA" [40's CLOCK] is still working, although my parents prefer not to charge it due to the noisy sound of its mechanism. I can't believe people were used to bare that 'TIC -TOC' throughout their sleep!! Without mentioning the alarm sound which will make you jump out of bed in few seconds!!! The "MACININO ANNI CINQUANTA" [50's COFFEE GRINDER] was used to grind coffee beans to make home-made MOKA coffee.


{BEI TEMPI}: As a daily ritual, every morning the alarm will go off and many CAFFETTIERE will be filled with freshly ground coffee.... few minutes later, followed by a familiar bubbling noise, the aroma will spread around the kitchen. A routine that many of us still follow nowadays!!


The iconic coffee maker -Moka Express- was invented in 1933 by Renato Bialetti and since then Bialetti has expanded their range and have introduced more contemporary version of the iconic moka.

ENJOY YOUR COFFEE TOMORROW MORNING!!





Picture courtesy of Elisabeth Bjone www.flickr.com/photos/elisabislet/

No comments: