Thursday 6 August 2009

As the days go by…

{In the week}: I was  always under the impression  that time seems to be going slower in Italy, but for some strange reason it doesn’t quite feel like that this time around!! It was Sunday and then before I even knew it, it’s Thursday and the week is nearly over once again!Although I have no schedule while in Italy, I try as much as possible to keep up with the rituals established  throughout the years together with Walter and his mum, my cousin and her kids (visiting in the summer time from the States) my uncle and my aunt( also visiting from the States). It normally works like this: cappucino and croissant at the Azzurra (breakfast by the local piazza) every morning if my cousin and her kids are here, otherwise reduced to Saturday morning meetings at 9.00am sharp by the cafe’. On Sunday it’s the time of treasure/junk hunting at the local  Mercatini (Antiques market) where we literally make use of various language vocabulary  when together, with our mixture of British and American English, local dialect (Veneto) and Italian. Of course we do have some welcomed guest joining in  so now and again, perhaps relatives visiting from abroad or expats but we do welcome anybody visiting from abroad… ehhmm..no, perhaps not the best bunch to hang around with if you are trying to go unnoticed !!!

002003007    001

Sunday at the local Mercatino of Marostica.

018015012

Less people around… it’s holiday time in Italy…

006009

My aunt bought few of these vases to bring back to the States.

011010

Nowhere to seat!!!It’s hot and sunny…

016005 

Something always capture your attention…    

024   They are coming home with me…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to next treasure hunting! See you tomorrow! W. the Antiques loevers