Saturday 4 December 2010

Old ritual

What better than some seasonal foliage  to get into the mood for Christmas. I love  fir branches combined with  traditional red winter berries ,  it always remind me of when as children me and my brother with my mum would go collecting pungitopo (butcher’s broom) and  moss for the presepe  to lay  out the Nativity figures on.  Back then the arranging of the decorations would have created enough excitement to last for at least a week. Firstly the decorations needed to be taken down from the attic  for  my dad to know that it was time to  pop to the  nearest vivaio (nursery)  to buy a tree.  Next, we were allowed to start decorating the tree starting with the lights, after with  baubles, that were meticulously   wrapped on paper. Finally we would take out  the Three Wise Men and the Nativity figures to create a miniature village  that resembled a Bethlehem one.  It was all so magical and surreal , sometime I would stare at the display for some time,  it made me so happy.

013  Columbia Flower Road Market

imagere xmas  1. Standing Paper Christmas Tree                              2. Vintage Christmas decorations

imageimage 

3. KNITTED CHRISTMAS STOCKING                          4. HAND PAINTED BAUBLES

image                                    5. Personalised Christmas Stocking by polkadots & blooms

2 comments:

onesilentwinter said...

you geting me in the festive mood!

hermes handbags said...

This is my first time i visit here. I discovered a lot of interesting things within your blog especially its discussion.