Tuesday 22 December 2009

A white Christmas….

{Snow}: Whilst in London the mere attempt of having  a candid Christmas seems quite  remote right now, in Italy it looks like if it  is happening …When was I last in Italy when it snowed, never or at least not in recent years,  all I remember is when as a child I used to play in the snow, sliding down those high hills…. old sweet memories! So it was with immense pleasure that I’ve received  these images of my home town taken by my friend Walter last Saturday… A great gift from a great friend, thanx!

Turning in  Via Orfanotrofio:

neve5neve7 Home Sweet Home:

neve neve3

Under the portico the traditional tree!

neve10

  Definitively a different look for the garden:neve4A visitor… for sure…neve8

Across, Villa Teresa: neve12

Photography: Courtesy of W. Marin

 

As for London we’ve got to enjoy the sight of the snow falling throughout the day - shame however it has turned into rain right now…. but hey you never know it might be that we wake up to a white London tomorrow morning! It’s few hours into the morning already and I better go to sleep, I suppose I could always dream of my dearest white mountains somewhere there in the Altopiano del Grappa….Good Night!

3 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

My mom and daughter leave for Italy on the 1st of Jan for a 2 week tour! Nice to get a glimpse of the beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post!!! Unfortunatly is raining right now Mandarine, and it will even over Christmas! but it has been nice to see all cover with a soft white cloth!! Looking forward now to visit London over new year!
Love from all of us!! W. the Antique lovers

Anonymous said...

Cara,

It may be a comfort to you.... strong winds tonight from Africa. Again 11 degrees above zero. Rain washed the powdered streets. Back to a "normal" Italian Christmas. Lovely pics from Altopiano and your home town. Buon Natale e Buone Feste in London! Bacione, Ingrid in Umbria